*** Pre-lauch on going: new high-speed SLS technology ***
Back toour achievements
Complex geometry duct with advanced mechanical requirements
To optimize the design of a complex part and validating the consolidation possibilities.
Initially the part was designed in a dozen sections formed and welded, which caused delays and problems of repeatability.
- Consolidate different parts to reduce assembly and certain costs.
- Reduce costs and the number of operators (machining of different sections, forming for other sections, other supplier for assembly …).
- Maintain the functionality of the product.
- Application requiring a high performance material, such as PEKK, with ESD properties.
- Optimal consolidation: Complex part of 10 sections with one-piece hardware.
- Reduction of the number of suppliers required to one: Thanks to Solaxis’ expertise and technologies, the entire project was taken care of by our team.
- Optimized design facilitating assembly, while respecting geometric constraints.
- Repeatable parts: This pilot project then led to other 3D printing projects.
- PEKK – Antero 840CN03 met high mechanical properties requirements.