Polypropylene (PP): a production-grade SLS thermoplastic
It offers an excellent plasticity, high elongation, low moisture absorption and high durability. It is resistant to most acids and bases and has a slightly translucent appearance.
SLS TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
|Standard lead time
||About 7 working days, depending on part size, quantity, number of components and finishing degrees.
||±0.012 in (± 0.3 mm) - may vary depending on geometry.
||0.004 in - 0.1 mm
|Minimum wall thickness
||0.039 in - 1 mm
|Maximum build dimensions
||Dimensions are unlimited as components may be composed of several sub-parts. The maximum build envelope is 15 x 15 x 16 in (381 x 381 x 406 mm).
||Unfinished parts typically have a grainy surface but all kinds of fine finishes are possible. Laser-sintered parts can be smoothed, painted and coated.
Technical Properties Summary
|Heat deflection (0.45 MPa)
||216 °F | 102 °C
||4 061 psi | 28 MPa
||233 052 psi | 1 400 MPa
|Elongation at break
||X: 30% | Z: 10%
||181 297 psi | 1 250 MPa
||DIN EN ISO 178
* Actual values may vary depending on the production condition.
The Solaxis Difference
- Advanced additive manufacturing
- Finishing that meets aerospace standards
- ISO 9001, AS 9100 and Controlled Goods Programs certifications
- High-performance thermoplastics
- Impact, heat, mechanical, chemical, UV and dielectric resistance
- Self-lubricating to minimize wear
- FST- FAR 25.853
- A variety of cutting-edge manufacturing equipment
- Paint room that meets aeronautic and ground transportation standards
- Reliability guaranteed by our auxiliary equipment:
- Industrial generator and UPS backup, as well as high-performance servers
- ERP system and EPDM vault